Subject: Re: exporting PAR frames to LW
From: Scott Burton <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 08:25:35 -0500

On Sun, 17 Dec 1995, Thomas Desmond wrote:

> For the first time I'm trying to export animation frames from my PAR to 
> LW for compositing, but LW either fails to load the frame and just goes 
> ahead and renders a black screen, or it says "unknown file format,"
> when it tries to load the frame and then halts the render.
> I've successfully composited animations in LW in the past, but always 
> using RGBs from one of my system drives, and so I suspect that the 
> problem involves the communication between the PAR and LW.  I'm using PAR 
> software version 2.50 and LW 3.5.  Anybody out there have a suggestion 

Make sure you've got the "Translate" function ON and the export set for 
"IFF".  Also you'll probably have to put ".0" at the end of your image 
sequence names because LW 3.5, if I'm not mistaken Looks for three digit 
file extensions and the Par exports files with four digit file names...

Eg.    If your using a image sequence called "Test"

      Lightwave looks for - Test001

      Par, however exports - Test.0001

So if you use "Test.0" as your base name for the image sequence LW will 
look for - Test.0001

Scott Burton - Lightwave Moderator - Command Line BBS
[email-masked]          (416) 533-8321